Star Trek Voyager:恐懼的本質是什麼?恐懼、保護與克服的科幻隱喻
- Mimi Wei-Ting
- 11月19日
- 讀畢需時 2 分鐘
Star Trek: Voyager|S2.E23 "The Thaw"(1996)
重溫影集時,重新遇見幾乎被我遺忘了的這一集。
經過這些年的學習與挖掘,如今看來,完全是另一種深度啊。
這幾段對話很精準地指出恐懼的本質,摘錄來分享給大家:
恐懼也會恐懼自己的消失(和小我一樣),
所以會盡其所能抓住你,讓你無法放手。
但恐懼的作用其實是保護(這也和小我一樣),
而恐懼的想要其實是被克服(不確定,但或許小我也是一樣?)
啊啊,真的是非常詩意的一集恐懼課啊。
---
Janeway: I've known fear. It's a very healthy thing most of the time. You warn us of danger, remind us of our limits, protect us from carelessness. I've learnt to trust fear.
我知道恐懼。大多時候,有恐懼是個健康的。你警告我們有危險,提醒我們快到極限,保護我們不會疏忽大意。我已經學到要相信恐懼。
--
Janeway: Will you be honest with me?
你可以誠實跟我說嗎?
Fear: Fear is the most honest of all emotions, captain.
恐懼是最誠實的情緒了,船長。
Janeway: You really want this to end as much as I do, don't you?
你其實跟我一樣想讓這件事了結,對吧?
--
Janeway: You know as well as I do that fear only exist for one purpose - to be conquered.
你跟我一樣清楚,恐懼的存在只有一個目的——被克服。
Fear: She tricked me.
她騙我。
Janeway: Did she? Or did a part of you actually hoping to be defeated?
是嗎?還是某部分的你其實希望能被打敗?
--
Fear: What will become of us? Of me?
我們會如何?我會如何?
Janeway: Like all fear, you eventually ... vanish.
就像所有恐懼一樣。你終將消失。
Fear: I'm afraid.
我好怕。
Janeway: I know.
我知道。








留言